Pages

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

STILL LIFE ART!!!!


W.L.A.T....
use proportion and draw an accurate outline....

Today in Tortara class with Mr. Pickard we learnt how to draw forks and spoons with accurate proportions for Art. How I drew my drawing was I picked out a spoon and then drew 4 lines on my peace of paper to show the proportions then I started to draw one peace of my spoon.

 How I came to drawing using this Technic was my teacher Mr. Pickard  showed my class some pitchers of his daughters drawings where she used these lines to help her with getting her proportions right and that's what inspired me to start using this Technic. 

While I was drawing I thought to myself this isn't that bad when you have lines to help with drawing your object and know the right size of the object that your drawing so you get it right the first time.

( QUESTION TIME: What type of Technic do use like to use when your drawing? )

3 comments:

  1. Hi Hinewai my name is Nikara, I’m a year 6 student at Paihia School. I really liked how you put the fork and spoon on the same paper instead of two different set of paper. Last term we did some art work, instead of drawing lines we folded the paper into fourths to measure the proportions. The picture that you took of your artwork was also very good. I find it hard taking a picture off a chromebook. Do you enjoy doing art? I can’t wait to read more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nikara,Thank you for the comment and yes I do enjoy art its one of my favourite things to do in my spear time. My next piece of art work will be done in charcoal and is inspired by Jim Dine I would love to hear your opinion on my next piece of art

      Delete
  2. Kia ora Hinewai my name is Tawhiri I am a yr 8 at Paihia School. I think your blog post is really good and informative also your still life art is really cool. The art reminds me of when I started using that technique except your one is way better. Do you enjoy doing this type of art?

    ReplyDelete